Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

The Unexpected Compliment

Recently, I experienced one of those giddy moments when I spied something I own (or something very similar) in a design magazine. I hate to sound shallow, but it simply made me smile. Sort of like receiving an unexpected compliment.


Imagine my surprise and delight when I opened my February issue of House Beautiful and ran across an article on a grand historic home in Montgomery, Alabama that featured a piece of art by Nan Cunningham

 It's the still-life of pears hanging on the shelves.

While my painting is not displayed in nearly such a fabulous setting (mine's just hanging in my powder bath that's in desperate need of new paint or wallpaper), it's also by Nan Cunningham featuring a very similar subject.

 
Sorry about the quality of this photo. 
Adequate lighting is lacking in the bathroom.

So, that's my sad little moment of glory . . . probably the closest my home will ever get to being featured in a magazine. I must live vicariously through my famous art (or art by the same artist . . . just let me have my dream, okay?!).

Am I the only one who dreams of having a magazine-worthy house?


Photos: House Beautiful, My Interior Life








You have read this articleart / compliment / famous / Nan Cunningham with the title The Unexpected Compliment. You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2010/01/the-unexpected-compliment.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Saturday, January 16, 2010

Comments "The Unexpected Compliment"

Post a Comment