Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Home

For nine months I have been planning my dream home. Literally dreaming about it. The floors, tile, paint, lighting, furniture, fabrics, you name it. I have done nothing but eat, sleep and dream this home, while the fabulous builder, Mack Braxton (RMB Building & Design) and crew have been constructing this masterpiece. I have to give them a shout out because they have truly done an amazing job.

The funny part about my dream homes, is that they are always in my dreams. The other funny part about my dream home, is that it is not actually mine. Technically, it totally and completely belongs to someone else. Entirely. All I did was decorate it. It is going to be bright, punchy, functional and fun -- just like my very dear client. It is all her.

What is different about this home is that I could ( and would) live there in a second. I try not to get attached. Is it weird that when I walk through the door I yell "Hi Honey, I'm home"?  I even open her gigantic refrigerator and say "Hmmmm. What on earth am I going to make for dinner?" Is that weird? My client is used to it.

So.... without further adieu, I am ready to show you a sneak peak of what has been going on behind the scenes of this monster project. The house is finally complete and the majority of the installation will take place between Christmas and New Year's while my dear client and fam are away for the holidays.
Here's the funny part. She has trusted me (beyond belief) and I don't want to let her down. She has approved much of what is going into her home, but also hasn't seen it all and wants to be surprised. So I have been keeping it under wraps. She has no clue what she is in for.

First, my idea board. I have been staring at this for months, waiting and hoping for moving day. Here is the big picture.

I know it is hard to see the details, but that is the point. I can't give too much away. I planned the entire living room around Brunschwig & Fils "chiang mai dragon". I painted the walls a blue gray, and am pulling out the peacock blue, charcoals and orange. Wait until you see what this fabric gets made into!


This magnificent piece of original art by John Beard, is going above her river wood, reclaimed mantle. It is 36" X 60" and is stunning in person.


This is a peak at the rug that is going in the sunroom to ground the very well lit space.


It will be flanked by two club chairs upholstered in this...


Without giving too much away, I want to show you the work in progress. Check out my photo diary below.









I can't wait to show you the finished product. Note, that is Ann on the ladder. I can't draw. Stay tuned. Oh and when it warms up, come visit me in my pool. We can fix fruity drinks and talk about my house. Oh wait... that's right, it's not mine.

Bye bye birdie,
~H
You have read this article with the title We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Home. You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2010/12/we-wish-you-merry-christmas-and-happy.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Comments "We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Home"

Post a Comment