Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

Scrap Yard Field Trip!

Yes... We finally did it. Hooper and I took a field trip. We went over the big bridge that took us into a neighboring county. Technically, we went out of town. (or 20 minutes from my house) And we did all this so we could show you how COOL scrap yards can be! And the fact that you have to wear a hard hat was just a bonus! 

 

        Remember... I was a metals major in college. This huge pile made me happy! Very Happy....


This candlestick made Hooper happy.


 THEN...We saw the huge magnet car picker upper crusher thingy. (That is actually what it's called... I think?) We asked Jeremy (tour guide and owner) if we could have our boys birthday parties at the scrap yard. That would be a no go....


 This could be something great...


 Just saw these go for $5 each on Cash & Cari... Anyone seen that show?


My 10 year old asked me to take off my favorite over sized flower broach the other day before I took him to his school basket ball game. He said I would embarrass him if I wore it. What?! He has NO IDEA how cool I am. I wonder if I would embarrass him if I picked him up from school in this. Pretty sure he has no idea how cool this truck is either....


I think we can all agree that these propellers ARE cool.....


But the find of the day was this 3 foot tall steel 'S'. I think I screamed when I saw it, I might of jumped...It's all a blur now but anyway, this made the trip 'out of town' well worth it. I took the 'S' home with me and found a place for her in my stairwell. We are both very happy together.


Thanks Jeremy... Hooper and I had a blast! We can't wait to come back!

How bout you? Any cool finds ?
May all your scrap yard adventures be successful...
Bye, bye Birdie,
~A&H













You have read this article with the title Scrap Yard Field Trip!. You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2011/01/scrap-yard-field-trip.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, January 31, 2011

Comments "Scrap Yard Field Trip!"

Post a Comment