Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

Best junk shop EVER!!!!

So I have been a busy bee... I was in Durham and then Southern Pines working. The beauty of traveling back roads is every now and then you come across something pretty great. My friend whose nursery I worked on told me I had to visit this big old rambling house because she was pretty sure I would love what was inside. She was so right. Not only was it filled with treasures but the owners were the nicest people ever and didn't seem to mind that I was there for an hour and a half and occasionally drooled on the merchandise...

 this was the house behind the store front... packed and way cool too....

 this is an iron headboard and foot board but with custom rails and painted would be perfect twin beds for a little girl... and then....
OMG! Do you see this chair? Is this the coolest EVER! I almost cried when I saw the sold tag... really...

and then  drank myself into a stupor and stuck the bottles on a tree. Just kidding but this did cheer me up...

This tobacco basket came home with me and is huge. Jeff is encouraging me to move my Dad's scary portrait and hang it there. I think the better solution is to add on...

These little beauties were my find of the day. My heart raced when I saw them and I am planning for them to reside next to my bed. I bought some pagoda shades and am debating on keeping them creamy yellow or painting them white. What do you think?

love, love, love this chair. Love the tufting. Can't you just see it painted white and reupholstered in a bright velvet? emerald green, hot pink, orange, teal, gold.... hmmm...

I am a sucker for old china...

and sofas that remind me of my grandmothers house. Only hers were blue...

As I was leaving I made a detour and did a quick trip down memory lane. I drove by the first house Jeff and I owned before we moved back to Wilmington. It was a great first house and where we brought Jackson home...

I'm back in Wilmington now but headed to Highpoint tomorrow with Hooper for more treasure hunting at market...We will keep you posted!

Have a GREAT weekend!
Bye, bye birdie,
~A
You have read this article with the title Best junk shop EVER!!!!. You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2011/03/best-junk-shop-ever.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, March 31, 2011

Comments "Best junk shop EVER!!!!"

Post a Comment