Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

Honey, I shrunk the house!

While Hooper has been busy with her laundry room and clients (the over 4 ft. tall kind) I have been busy with 3 very demanding clients  (the under 4 ft. tall kind) of my own. It all started when I bought this home at Salvation Army for $4.25. I thought it would be the perfect Christmas gift for my girls. The only problem was it was ugly as all get out! It was a purple Victorian with pink trim and over the top gingerbread details. So... I dropped it off at my brothers shop and asked (very nicely) if they could make it look like my house by Christmas.
Not bad...eh? They made new windows, fixed the roof, made new doors (one of which looks like my front door) and gutted the inside. Oh...the inside...that was the part I could not wait to get my hands on...
Scrap book paper makes the perfect wallpaper. Could it be my house with out a painted kitchen floor? I think not!
It amazing what you can make with all those random wood pieces in the wood section of A.C. Moore.  And toilet paper rolls make perfect drum shades...covered of course!
Yes, that is a sunburst mirror made out of flat toothpicks...the creative juices really start flowing at 3 a.m.!
acrylic refrigerator magnets are the perfect size for school pictures...or for fabric scraps to make dollhouse art!


this is a 4x4 (inches) canvas that I let my inner Jackson Pollock out on!
It would only be practical to have a runner... With it being such an open concept dollhouse I thought a runner would cut down on noise when the little dolls ran up and down the stairs...
This is a heart pine table my brother made for the girls for Christmas...(I have one too... grown up size in my dining room!)
The drum shade chandelier, burlap runner, roman shades on the windows and a buffalo check floor keeps the space casual and fun. (er..um..for the dolls)
No home is complete with out a little hide!
modern fabrics in a traditional room keep the space young and current... we would not want the dolls to feel like their home was dated!
okay, okay...do not judge me...I have not grouted the tile yet...
I kind of wish this was my real bathroom...
Under the eaves is the perfect spot to tuck a nursery... The flokarti rug will be soft underfoot and the perfect spot for (fake) baby to play.
Needless to say I had a blast working on my (I mean their) new dollhouse.  

BIG...HUGE thanks to sweet Jen from fotojenik for snapping these pics. And for not staging an intervention. (which she threatened to do after I showed her the mirror!)...

May all your renovations run smoothly, and all may your clients (young and old) be happy ...
Bye,bye birdie,
~A

credit to: Soundside Carpentry, A.C. Moore, Fotojenik


You have read this article with the title Honey, I shrunk the house!. You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2011/03/honey-i-shrunk-house.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Comments "Honey, I shrunk the house!"

Post a Comment