Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

Before and After (not in that order)

Let me start by saying that this is the "After". I learned two valuable blog lessons with another recent post. If you post the before picture first, two things happen:
1. Readers think you designed "before" room and you have absolutely no talent or eye for anything pretty so they don't read post. 
  2. My husband, who doesn't actually read our blog (but pretends to), will call and say: Hmmmm. Nice room, doesn't really look like your style. I say: That is the before picture dummy. 
And it's downhill from there. 
 So, that being said. This is the after...
Now, how did we get here? Let's go backwards. Sometimes it is hard to comment on "before" pictures because I don't want to offend my clients who may like parts of their old room.  However, I feel sure that this client won't be hurt when I tell you this dark room needed major help. My client and her very cute family of four, spend most of their time in this room (it makes me depressed just looking at it). She called me for a facelift (and we're not just talking Botox), we are talking overhaul.

    The seating arrangement just wasn't conducive to conversation (or reading, or TV watching).
 I love exposed beams, but these beams when they run  into the dark fireplace make the ceiling feel lower than it actually is.  
So, here's how it went down. I got a call on Easter night from my seamstress that my slip covers were ready. That means, I had big plans for my Monday. I don't mess around, so I get twins ready for school bright and early so I can hit the ground running. We get to school, only to find out that they don't have school. Great. Haul twins to Homegoods for necessities so I can surprise client with install. Do not realize that client is entertaining a zillion 3 year olds at home for girl's (in pink) birthday party. Show up with slip covers, lamps, accessories galore to surprise client. Never a good idea. Fortunately, party was wrapping up and husband was back to work (considering this was really going to be a surprise to him).  So here's how it turned out...





I found this vintage bamboo chandelier in the wrong color. It will brighten up her adjoining breakfast room, once finished.
I offered to paint it, but my client broke child labor laws and took care of it herself. Don't you love the color? What you think? I'd love to hear from you so leave me a comment! 
Bye bye birdie,
~H


You have read this article with the title Before and After (not in that order). You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2011/05/before-and-after-not-in-that-order.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, May 5, 2011

Comments "Before and After (not in that order)"

Post a Comment