Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

Where have we been, you ask?


So, I know we have been M.I.A. but we have been working on a project that is very near and dear to my heart. My sweet sister-in-law and my brother tried (unsuccessfully) for years to have a baby. I'm so thankful they couldn't get pregnant because it lead them to my precious niece, who they adopted almost 4 years ago. She is the cutest little  girl you have ever seen with "strawberry shortcake hair" and huge blue eyes. I truly adore her.
They were out of town when they got the call from the adoption agency that they had been chosen as the parents. Luckily for me, they were out of town and I do LOVE a surprise, so I loaded up the pickup truck and headed to Raleigh. I persuaded the dog sitter to move out for the weekend and took over. They had no idea, but I decorated my (soon to be) niece's room without her parent's knowing about it. Here are some shots of the nursery.... Wish I could post the video of them walking into their new room, but macho brother would be mortified. Suffice it to say that the reaction was Extreme Home Makeover starring blubbering macho brother and hysterical, hyperventilating mother-to-be.
So their story gets even better, my sister-in-law (who is evidently unable to have children) miraculously gets pregnant with my nephew who will be 2 this weekend. He is adored and equally cute and looks much like one of my twins, so I'm partial. Now, when they have one of each and are perfectly happy and content, God has another plan... introducing miracle # 3.... She's not here yet, but is in desperate need of a brand new nursery. I was honored to create a space for my new niece (only this time her parents knew about it). We started with this fabric....
This medallion fabric is going to be made into a chair but it's not quite ready...
 
We threw in a rug and hit the road to do the install. When we arrived, we discovered a queen size bed we hadn't quite planned on using, but frequently visiting aunt decided to work it into the room. Hmmm. Need bedding and headboard quick. Think.
Riddle: What do you get when you mix me, Ann and 8 wooden Homegoods panels? 
 Answer: A $100 headboard and two geniuses. OK (according to Read), two idiot savants, but still. Pretty good huh? We fastened them together with double sided tape, and with a laser level, hung each row as a unit, reinforced with drywall safe 3M wall hangers for easy removal. 
 There is lots more to see, but not until it is completely finished! No peeking... we'll give you a tour just as soon as it's done. 
Bye bye birdie...
A&H
You have read this article with the title Where have we been, you ask?. You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2011/06/where-have-we-been-you-ask.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Comments "Where have we been, you ask?"

Post a Comment