Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

HELP!!! Project # 375...

Dare I say I'm going to start another project and show you the result by (gasp) next week? This is Ann, not Hooper, she would show you the result tomorrow. Remember, I still have a toilet in my dining room. -It is in a box though.... Anyway, I think this is an easy project and something I can complete in a day. I have been wanting to do this for a long time. I just need your help in deciding what to do. When you enter my front door, the stairs are in your face in front of you; there is about 1 inch clearance when you swing the door open. Our old house has lots of quirks like this! I have been dying to paint them. But what?
Here is a little tutorial, my riser is bright white and my tread is old pine (I do not think I want to paint the pine, it is pretty and goes with the house...)

But, if I did... hot pink! How fun are these stairs and so simple!

Even if you haven't been drinking you might feel as though you have by the time you get to the top of these stairs...

so, this is the one I keep coming back to... only I would just paint the number on my white riser. So, no 'runner' effect.

liking this too... different colors, like a Dash and Albert rug look...

This is a Novogratz special. Cool in theory... emergency room visits in reality...

 
Another Novogratz project... I do like the subtle colors

But I'm not very subtle and THIS IS MY FAVORITE! This is actually Orla Kiley wallpaper on the risers. I could paint that  in different colors. Don't you love it!?!

So... HELP! What should I do? Have you seen any cool stairs I need to see before starting this project? Your input is greatly appreciated. Hooper doubts I will have this done in a week. I must prove her wrong!

Thanks!
Bye,bye Birdie,
~A

Credit: Google Images, Absolutely Beautiful Things, The Design House, Living Etc...
You have read this article with the title HELP!!! Project # 375.... You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2011/09/help-project-375.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, September 12, 2011

Comments "HELP!!! Project # 375..."

Post a Comment