Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

Chaos and Thankfulness...

So, I am glad it's Thanksgiving and all my kids are home from school. I am so ready to eat and nap! Lucky for me Thanksgiving is at my in-laws and all I have to do is show up with mashed potatoes. Hooper is already at her in-laws and all she had to do was show up! I need a day off...

The last few days went a little something like this:

Monday:
I was in charge of cooking a turkey for Molly's class. (don't ask...) Turkey is thawed out at 9 p.m. Sunday night after 2 days on my porch.  I cooked and carved the turkey at 3 a.m. Looks like I killed the bird twice. Took to school... no compliments...And I don't blame them.

Lesson learned: Go to K&W Cafeteria and spend whatever amount necessary to avoid ever doing this again.

 Tuesday:
I had to make corn casserole for Cowboy Day at Jackson's school. Woke up to find an element burnt out in my oven. Lost the recipe the teacher gave me to follow so I  came up with my own. Made the casserole and broke into my brother's house to cook it. Left it cooking and took Addie to school in time for her 9:15 performance. Went back and got 1/2 baked casserole and took it to Jack's school by 11. I slid in and hid my casserole behind the pretty one's the pretty mommies made. Praying they do not know which one is mine. Left early to attend a parenting seminar. Trust me, the irony is not lost on me either...

Lesson learned: Sign up for plates and napkins.

However, In all the chaos, I am thankful...


For Addie and the fact that after I got her to the Pre-School performance I noticed that she had taken her outfit up a notch with gingerbread tights and a striped shirt. "Which of these families is not like the others..." I am thankful that by the 4th child I know that it is more important that she dressed herself then what she wore.

We are both thankful for our families
 If you didn't read Hooper's last post about her Mimi, scroll down and read it. She is very thankful for her this year and always.

And we are thankful for you! Thanks for reading, commenting and letting us know you enjoy our projects and ramblings! Enjoy your friends and families! 

Happy Thanksgiving!
Bye, bye Birdie,
~A&H

You have read this article with the title Chaos and Thankfulness.... You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2011/11/chaos-and-thankfulness.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, November 24, 2011

Comments "Chaos and Thankfulness..."

Post a Comment