Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

Very Bold and Ballsy

My good friend and client called recently in a panic:
Client: Hooper, help!
Me: What's wrong?
Client: I've ruined my living room!
Me: What exactly did you do?
Client: I painted the entire room, trim, walls, fireplace... Farrow and Ball's "Hague Blue". 
Me: Awesome! I can't wait to come up. Don't panic, it sounds fabulous. She sent me this picture.
I couldn't get to Raleigh fast enough for this so called, design emergency. One, I adore "Hague Blue" and two, anyone willing to do this is ballsy (to say the least). I love a client who is willing  to take risks! 

Needless to say, when I arrived at her doorstep. I was drooling over her "design emergency". Not only was it Hague Blue, it was... wait for it... LACQUERED. I'm talking high shine, gloss, light bouncing off of everything LACQUERED. I would lacquer my children if I could. What do you think? Let me tell you how we got here...

We kept her coral chair in the corner (sentimental and gorgeous). 
 Hung this baby over her antique chest and added a crystal column lamp. 
 Accessorized the built-ins with white and color that pops against the dark blue walls. It also lightened up the space.
 Took a fab brass chandelier out of her attic... and found an antique gold/glass coffee table for steal...Rummage sale... 
$15 bucks.
We kept this Jean Harlow portrait over the mantle. What screams Hollywood glam more than a Hollywood starlet? We added some antique candlesticks and family heirlooms. 
 Peach (in a good way). Not 80's peach, vintage peach. 
 Threw in some amazing pillows and one very cute little girl...
 Killer artwork from client's eclectic and wonderful collection...
 What do you think? The art on walls pops against the Hague Blue.
 The sisal rug and velvet bench add texture. 
 Notice the cornice and beautiful drapes. I found the fabric on Matters of Style Marketplace and instantly fell in love. Look at the detail and the unexpected color.


Look at all of the reflection and light in a very dark painted room. It is lush and cozy and right up my alley. 

Thank you dear client for taking a very bold step most would be too afraid to take. I love the result!
bye bye birdie...
~H
You have read this article with the title Very Bold and Ballsy. You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2011/11/very-bold-and-ballsy.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, November 7, 2011

Comments "Very Bold and Ballsy"

Post a Comment