Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

So Deeply Thankful




The past two weeks have been surreal. My sweet dad, who means the world to me, had a massive heart attack. I have struggled with whether or not to mention it on the blog, but it has been one of those weeks that has become pivotal. Everything that happens is now defined by "before the heart attack" and "after". 


My dad is alive and recovering and words cannot express how thankful I am that he is still with us. I try to be constantly aware of how precious each moment is with our loved ones, but struggle, as we all do, in the midst of  the daily chaos and stress that we all face, to cherish each moment. Life is so very short and every day that we have been given, is a true gift. 


My dad doesn't read my blog, but if he did, I would tell him how much I adore him, how thankful I am to be his daughter and I pray for many many more years with him. I would tell him that he is the reason I chose a kind, loving man to marry and the reason I wanted children -- so that I could strive each and every day to be the kind of parent he has always been to me. 


To all of my dear friends that may read this, your prayers and support have meant everything to me. And to everyone please take today and every day forward to cherish your loved ones.


God bless you,
~H
You have read this article with the title So Deeply Thankful. You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2012/01/so-deeply-thankful.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, January 20, 2012

Comments "So Deeply Thankful"

Post a Comment