Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

A Blog Chain

Our blog friend, Kathy, from My Interior Life, tagged us in a blog chain. Kathy's blog is a great read and we adore her because she always leaves us comments. Thanks Kathy! We hate chain letters, chain recipes, you name it, but since this didn't promise bad luck -- just fun, we went for it. We decided to answer the questions separately because we are sure our answers will be totally different.


To the blogs we tag for the chain, don't break it and follow the rules:


RULES
1. You must post the rules!
2. Answer the 11 questions the tagger posted for you and then create 11 new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them.


Kathy's questions to us:
1. Do you blog daily? Why or why not?
Hooper: I wish. Not enough time in the day. I love to blog and curl up and read other's blogs, but I'm lucky if we can get 3 in a week. Maybe it's the kids, maybe it's work or maybe I'm just unorganized. I so wish I could
Ann: Not daily, I love to blog when inspired our fired up about something I've seen, read or done.

2. Is blogging your day job, just a hobby or an off-shoot of your "real" job (which is what)? 
Hooper: Blogging is an off-shoot of my "real" job. I feel so lucky to be able to decorate people's homes. Blogging keeps me current and updated on trends, but also allows me to showcase my work and friend other bloggers, learn from them and grow as a designer. 
Ann: Def. an offshoot of my real job. I love to blog about things I've seen that I haven't done or used yet.

3. If you could pick one room in your house to have decorated by a famous designer, which room would you choose and why?
Hooper: My outdoor space. I have spent so much time working on the inside, I have neglected the outside. 
Ann: my bedroom.... this is the first room you should pay attention to. Your sanctuary but for me its always the last...

4. Which famous decorator would you choose to re-do your room (#3) and why? 

HooperThat's tough. I love Amanda Nisbet. She wouldn't remember me, but I used to babysit for her when I graduated from college and lived in New York. I didn't know I was interested in design at the time, but remember loving her apartment and could (to this day) tell you all about it. Not in a weird stalker way, but because I was so inspired. She had wall to wall leopard carpet in the nineties. I knew then, she was a genius because her young children would never be able to destroy it. Genius.
Ann: Miles Redd- so different from what I could do but I love how closely he pays attention to art and it is obviously an important component to him in a room! 5. What are your favorite type of posts to write (DIY, sharing new finds, inspiration pics, etc.)?


5. What are your favorite type of posts to write (DIY, sharing new finds, inspiration pics, etc.)?
Hooper: Not DIY, that's Ann. I can't paint, glue, staple or anything of the sort. I wish I could.  I like to write before and after posts about recently done rooms or new finds -- I love a deal and love to share it on my blog. 
Ann: I love junk shop post, finding the old and seeing the beauty within. One of my fave projects was bringing my thrift store artichoke lamp back to life!


6. What have you learned/what have you gained from blogging?
Hooper: I have learned so much from other bloggers, but it has also helped my design business. It is a evolving portfolio and I'm thrilled people like to read it. My husband is convinced that Ann and I are the only one's that read our blog, but I'm telling you, traffic is picking up!
Ann:I love seeing others creativity and I love being able to share my passions. I have learned others like when we share our passions too!


7.  For someone just starting out in the blogging world, what advice would you give?
Hooper: Write about what you love -- don't write about what you think people want to read about. Just express yourself and don't take it too seriously.
Ann:Don't stress... blogging should be fun.


8. What is your biggest decorating pet peeve?
Hooper: Ann would say fake flowers. I'm going to have to say karate chopped pillows,
Ann:Hooper's right...karate chopped pillows are a close second.


9. What is a little-known fact about you that your readers would be surprised to learn?
Hooper: I have a gluten allergy and my real hair color is dark brown (mousey brown).
Ann: I was to scared to take painting classes in art school so I never did... (wish I had)


10. Who do you most admire in the blogging world and why?
Hooper: Sissy from My Blue Hydrangea is a friend of ours. She told me about her blog one day and I was hooked. She is the one that turned me onto the whole blog world and convinced me to start a blog. I don't know that I would have done it otherwise. Oh yeah, and also Ann. She is a great blog partner:)
Ann:Love Sissy! Love her blog... def always inspiring. And Hoop- she too is a great blog partner!

11. What is a trend you still love (even if it's overdone, you just can't help yourself)?
Hooper: Geometrics and zebra. Love it, can't get enough.
Ann: Lucite... I consider it timeless.

Thanks so much Kathy for thinking of us. Now it's time for us to tag our favorite reads:

LIST THEM:
Now fellow chain bloggers: Here are your 11 different questions:
1. If your house was on fire (depressing I know), and you got your loved ones and pets, and sentimental stuff to safety (slow fire), what one piece would you take with you?
2. What is your favorite paint color?
3. What is the most favorite post you have ever read on someone else's blog (we won't get mad if it's not ours).
4. What made you want to start blogging? 
5. How often do you post and why?
6. Do you find, when reading other blogs, that you prefer to see the work they have done or inspiration photos?
7. Do you write the post the night before or do you write them in advance of when you plan to post them?
8. What "hot item" out there are you most drawn to at the moment? It can be a color, piece of furniture, style...
9. What is the biggest design dilemma you have ever encountered?
10. Anyone want to guest blog?

Check out these sites -- you will be inspired!
Happy Monday...
Bye bye birdie,
~A&H





You have read this article with the title A Blog Chain. You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2012/02/a-blog-chain.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, February 27, 2012

Comments "A Blog Chain"

Post a Comment