Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

A New Old Ranch...

Thursday and Friday the girlies and I hit the road for some mother daughter bonding. We headed to my college friend, Laura Lynn's house in Chapel Hill. She and her husband recently purchased and gutted his childhood home. It was an average 60's ranch in a beautiful green rolling Chapel Hill setting. With a toddler, they wanted a more open concept family friendly home. I literally got there the day after they moved in so I promised not to show all the rooms (I promise a before and after post later!)

So come on in...
Wish I had the before... seriously, this was a ranch!

Of course I couldn't come with out painting something! Pale blue and grey zig zags make the mud room fun!
 (I love the light fixture they found... AND the old door leading to the laundry room)
For them, it was all about the details and bringing in the natural light...
Enter the Master bath...

marble floors, claw foot tub, I so wanted to take a bath but thought asking might be a little awkward!

Opposite the tub are his and her vanities. I spy with my little eye... barn wood! Yes, Soundside carpentry made some beautiful tops that look amazing next to the old pine doors. Love the old glass in the transom above the doors!

 I told my husband Chad and Laura Lynn now have my dream kitchen... simple and pretty.

The cabinets are a light grey while the island makes a statement in a greyed out teal...

If that was my new gas range I would definatly cook more. (Jeff, are you reading this?)  The range is now located against the old garage wall. Laura Lynn had it painted white and used a white subway in a herringbone pattern on the other 3 walls...


Apron front stainless sink (does it get any better?) You can never go wrong when industrial meets farm...

One of my fave things is this piece of furniture that they have had forever. It looks like they designed the space around it. It makes for great storage and is much better storing cookbooks and platters then blood. Yes, it is an antique blood bank out of a hospital. I have always coveted this piece!

Can't wait to show you more... Thanks Chad and Laura Lynn for letting us spring break at your new old house!

Don't ya love??? Whats your fave part?

Happy Tuesday
Bye, bye birdie,
~A

credit: Soundside Carpentry
You have read this article with the title A New Old Ranch.... You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2012/04/a-new-old-ranch.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Comments "A New Old Ranch..."

Post a Comment