Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

Girls Room Reveal

Graham is growing up. First sign: she started "decorating" her room because it was babyish. I should have known when I hung the first pink curtain, it wouldn't have staying power. By "decorating", I mean hanging Justin Bieber posters and my favorite: the furry kitten poster from the book fair. Those furry kitten poster people must make a cheesy fortune. 


The plan was to redecorate when she goes to spend the night camp. Ann was going to redo Lindley's room at the same time and we planned on using similar items, different styles. She caught on and Ann decided it would be best if I got Graham's opinion (because Ann is so not a control freak and thinks kids should be able to voice their creative opinions). PLEASE. This is how it went down:


Me: I would like to redecorate your room -- what do you think?
Graham: No mom, let me do it, you have NO idea what you're doing.
Me: Uh um, I do this for a living.
Graham: Mom, I really don't think you could handle me as a client, plus you have bad taste
Me: Again, I do this for a living.
Graham: OK, I want a black room.
Me: Hold on, hello, Xanax, are you there? It's me, Hooper. 


We compromised and I started here with a black and white Dhurrie rug Ann found at Homegoods. We each got one and I can't wait for you to see Ann's reveal of how she used it in Lindley's room.

 I recovered these chairs that I got for $50 each at auction and took off on a Palm Beach Cabana vibe. 
 Ann talked me into this king headboard from a local junk shop and I had it painted a Tiffany blue. I turned the queen mattress sideways to create a day bed feel. 

The elephant fabric above gave me just enough "youth" to keep her young and she liked it! (shocker)

The black and white stripes are chalkboard paint so Graham can express herself. Ann did a chalkboard wall in Lindley's room too... stay tuned. Her nook is the perfect size for a desk. 
We painted and recovered an old bulletin board. 
And added some of her original art to bring in the pink. 
The lotus flower chandelier gives off a pink hue which evidently is acceptable to an almost tween. Notice the West Elm paper mache` elephant over the bed.

The $65 fretwork cabinet was a score at the Eclectic downtown. Painted the same as the headboard, it houses games and art supplies. 
Ann found the bamboo lamps at Homegoods and you may remember these garden stools from my junk shop jaunt awhile back (here). I added a glass top and they make perfect bedside tables.
Remember the Graham and Brown (no relation) wallpaper that Ann wanted for Lindley's accent wall (here).  
 We have a lot more frames to fill!  
 Graham was certainly my most difficult client to date. Lindley was much more easy going (and trusting). Stay tuned to see how Ann used some of these same elements for a completely different look!
Happy Monday,
bye bye birdie,
Hooper 

You have read this article with the title Girls Room Reveal. You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2012/07/girls-room-reveal.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, July 9, 2012

Comments "Girls Room Reveal"

Post a Comment