Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

It's a man's world or...er...um...room...

I shouldn't say this project didn't excite me but when I found out I needed to make sure the clients ducks were on the wall I did cross my fingers and hope for the best. However, my people do hunt so I wasn't exactly out of my element. I am thrilled with the turn out and think this is the right touch of masculine while still blending with the rest of the house I did last year. See here.
 
 This was a blank slate. I (when I say I... I mean my brother)added the board and baton wainscoting and painted it a glossy white. The room doesn't get a ton of light so I felt like we needed all the white. The walls and ceiling are both painted a  brownish gray. A good man color.
If you sketch it they can build it. I worked with my brother (Soundside Carpentry) to make sure the client got the built in desk of his dreams. A galvanized background makes for the perfect message center and the walnut desk top mans it up! The gray color of the built in is very current and a nice contrast to the white wainscoting.
 There is plenty of open storage as well as hidden storage. I love the sliding doors with the grommet finger holds.
speaking of storage... These are file drawers the client requested. Say goodbye to metal filing cabinets and hello to custom drawers with really cool pulls!
The vintage banker chair was a major score from Raleigh's craigslist. It had to live at my house for a month or so and I have to admit it was hard to deliver to the client. Did I mention it spins up and down? Bonus!
 I spy with my little eye.... A Lowe's Hardware light! There just so happens to be a much more expensive designer version of this light but I love the Lowe's one and I love it in the room.
 
 And...there are  those ducks! And look, their reflection is in the mirror so it looks like they are flying all over the room! I of course had to throw in a hide. The new carpet is neutral enough that the hide works on top.
 
The homeowner had the leather chair so we paired it with this Pier One chair for a little his and hers! The  pillows and side table  were a great Joss and Main score.  Home Goods is always the place for lamps and I was thrilled to find this brass pharmacy light there.
 
The client had a library cabinet that I ended up keeping in the room. I needed a place for the remaining ducks that didn't fly!
 
All in all I loved how the man room/ office turned out... don't you?.... -Ann
 
In other news...Hooper and I are off to the beach today for some much needed magazine reading... Join us if you are around!  Happy Thursday!
 
Bye, bye birdie,
You have read this article with the title It's a man's world or...er...um...room.... You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2013/05/it-man-world-orerumroom.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, May 30, 2013

Comments "It's a man's world or...er...um...room..."

Post a Comment