Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

What's a girl to do?

Some decisions are really hard. Sometimes you wonder if you made the right one. If you follow our FB page, you know Hooper is in the mountains. You also know a major design magazine is there photographing the house we did together in Cashiers. Why am I not there??? Am I crazy??? Well, the plan was for me to be there but then.... My Molly was asked to sing the National Anthem to open the school talent show and Lindley was in it dancing.(the same day as the 8 hours away photo shoot) Can I be honest and say I still struggled with my decision to stay... I mean I could be watching a stylist, photographer and really see all our hard work in process of being published! Opportunity of a lifetime! And I struggled until...
My sweet 8 year old stood in the middle of that auditorium stage and belted out the National Anthem in perfect tune acapella. And then my 10 year old fearlessly danced with a friend to a dance they made up in her friend's living room. Now that's a talent show and nothing could of kept me from watching those moments for my girls...
And while I was here and not in the mountains Hooper got a text from a reader:
 
Hooper- I know you are in the mountains (she reads our FB page!) but wanted you to know about a great find. The Goodwill on Kerr has a Bernhardt campaign desk for sale.
 
First, we did not know this girl and she looked up our contact and texted us. Second, she told us about it!! BEST READER EVER!!!! So Hooper, with no reception, hangs off the side of the mountain to get me on the phone. Of course I am on my way to dress rehearsal for the talent show so what do I do? I call my hubby, describe what a campaign desk looks like and he goes and gets it. The funny thing is our husbands no longer flinch at our odd request from time to time... like leave work (yes, we know your job is important) and drive across town and buy what we think is a way cool desk that has been in some random house for who knows how long... thank you honey...
 
Boy, do we have big plans for this desk... well actually we don't  know exactly what we are going to do to it but it'll be great! Any suggestions?  Not that I believe in design Gods but this was a nice little score that we wouldn't have gotten if  we had both been in the mountains!
 
 
 
Whatever we do to it has to be bold... don't ya think? I'm kind of diggin' the blue... thoughts?
 
Anyway... I'm happy to be here, and so glad I got to see my girlies show. It's been a good week...And thank you for the tip best reader ever ;)...
 
Happy Thursday and have a great weekend...-A
Bye, bye birdie,
You have read this article with the title What's a girl to do? . You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2013/06/what-girl-to-do.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, June 13, 2013

Comments "What's a girl to do? "

Post a Comment