Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

DIY and done...


I have a barn door!!! Yipee... So this is how it all went down. (First excuse the dark pics- this is a very small dark hallway.)
I begged my brother to come help me. (thank you John)
 Jeff lent a hand as well. (thank you honey)
 And my patient brother let my girlies help out as well. Are you ever to young to learn your way around power tools?
 We are in love (well I am) with the end result... My hallway is so narrow it just didn't make since to put a door back that opened into the NARROW space. The door with its original wavy glass was $20 on Craigslist and the track and rollers came from a farm supply store for another $75. I was thrilled to get my dream door for under $100!

So why the need for the door? Well I am desperate to hide my teeny tiny laundry processing area. Below is the before with my paint samples started all over the room.

And... here is all the junk that was shoved on the shelves creating complete chaos. 

 Armed with a trash bag I ditched half this junk and yes it did feel good. A quick trip out for matching baskets and a little DIY project to cover the open shelf above and voila!



Ok, so I know the curtain needs to be actually sewn- I have it shoved up on the shelf so you could get the idea. (old habits die hard) I also grabbed that scrap fabric from the Coop to try. I am not sure it will stay... Do you like it?


 I shopped around my house for some art and threw it on the walls for interest. One area organized... a million to go! Happy Wednesday and Wilmington...enjoy the snow! -A


Bye, bye birdie,
You have read this article$100 barn door / barn door / Craigslist / DIY / laundry room / storage solutions with the title DIY and done.... You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2014/01/diy-and-done.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Comments "DIY and done..."

Post a Comment