Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

Score!

This weekend I just happened upon an estate sale. Of course I  
u-turned only to hear a groan from my 11 year old in the back seat. (She was hoping I wouldn't see the sign) But I did and after wondering through the mostly empty house I came across this  tucked away in a back bedroom...

(here she is once I got her safely back to the Coop... gorgeous, right?)
You know I am a bit of a geek so I had to do a little research. I knew campaign furniture had something to do with the military but that's about all I knew. Soooo.... campaign furniture dates waaay back like 18th century way back. It was first designed and used for the British Military. It was furniture that could easily be taken apart and put back together when the officers moved from camp to camp. By the 19th century (and I am assuming after realizing moving with a load of furniture tended to slow one down especially when facing enemies) the actual take apart furniture began to fade. However, the style has stayed around and made comebacks through out the years. 




The piece I found is a vintage Henredon Officers Chest. We all know Henredon means exceptional quality as a high end furniture maker. Campaign pieces are often found in less then desirable condition and then lacquered in fun colors. This really makes the hardware pop and is a great look. However the piece I found is in insane in the membrane good shape and gorgeous as is! 

(This little beauty is $1295 on Etsy... before shipping)


If you find them in good shape they are very sought after. You can buy this one now on Ebay for $1349.99 (before the $250 shipping)...
 There was also the whole ikea hack where with a good coat of paint and some brass hardware you could create your own campaign piece from their inexpensive Rast line.
Not a bad look for a good on trend option just not a forever one...

So my little find is now in The Coop and at $750 for the dresser and another $175 for the mirror a steal! We also can price out having it lacquered for you in the color of your choice. (But come see the amazing finish as is first!)...-A

Happy Monday,
Bye, bye birdie, 
You have read this article with the title Score!. You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2014/03/score.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, March 10, 2014

Comments "Score!"

Post a Comment