Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

From Distressed to Guest

I promise this is NOT the room I just did. When my client bought the house, this was the teenager's room. Not my client's teenager, the teenager of the previous owners. Just to clarify.  

The playboy bunny pillow is a nice touch. The walls in the bathroom were painted with a mural of marijuana leaves. How Irie. You may remember the living room makeover in this home. 
I just can't wait to show you this room, in it's new grown up, drug free state. The client wanted a retreat for her guests. So last week, Laura and I went over to transform the space. Bye bye pepto pink and posters.... and Hello...miracle.
 First we had hardwoods installed and brought in my all time favorite, could run it wall to wall, all over my house, carpet. It came from Eatman's Carpet and Interiors and my friend Betty hooked me up. It is a mix of grays, taupe and creams and is pure wool love. 
 The walls were painted a soft peach and the client wanted a custom headboard. I designed this shape with nail heads and made it 6' tall so it would fill up this nook nicely. 
The bedding is a mix of Serena and Lily (pricey) and Target (not). 
 This bench is a Homegoods find and acts as a window seat. I love the texture of the linen against the Overstock crewel drapes. Yes, I said "Overstock". The glossy tray in the perfect shade of Hermes orange is Target. I truly hate to give away all of my secrets, but they are just too good to keep!
 I love the ottoman under the console. Its a storage ottoman to hold extra sets of guest linens plus I have been dying to use this fabric. 
 I really wanted a reading nook where guests (the homeowner has taken over this spot) can unwind with a good book. Doubt much reading went on in this room when teenage dream resided here... I digress. 
 The chaise is from World Market and has the detailing of an old fashioned mattress which mixes modern lines with an old fashioned touch. Love at first sight. 
 We kept her antique dresser and added a chinoiserie style mirror from local fave spot, Crabby Chic
 I filled up a basket of goodies for her guests (arriving today at 3). I was filling up said basket at 2:00. Not cutting it close, not at all. I work well under pressure. 
 The floors are making this chair read a little red, but it is a dark orange in a soft, wide corduroy and fills the space nicely. I love the lines. 

 These beauties are from World's Away. They are great storage with a hidden drawer and shelving. Plus they reflect all of the yummy elements in the room. I love the limed oak with the rug and peach walls. 
 I carried over the washed out wood to the walls in some cool mirrors I found at my other favorite store, Maran Home. 
 This embroidered pillow is from Pottery Barn and ties it all together. This one little pillow somehow makes it all make sense. 
Just had to show you my dream carpet one more time up close. 
So that's it. What do you think? From teenage nightmare to guest's dream room. 
bye bye birdie,
~H

You have read this article with the title From Distressed to Guest. You can bookmark this page URL https://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2012/09/from-distressed-to-guest.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, September 20, 2012

Comments "From Distressed to Guest"

Post a Comment