Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

The Big Announcement....

No, no, I'm not having a 5th and Hooper's not having a 4th... The other kind of big announcement!

Drum roll please......
We have an intern!!! And she's the cutest UNCW student ever! She will be following us around; hopefully learning all sorts of cool things. She'll be consulting, shopping and installing with Hooper and I've already had her talking construction and house staging in a few flips. We'll toss in some hand-painted walls and a trip to Market and Laura (that's her name) will be ready for the workforce!!!

Meet Laura:
Want to see the sweetest thing in the whole wide world?...
 when we asked Laura to send us a couple favorite pics she included this one... awwww...
(kind of diggin the orange formica)

Anyhoo, we are beyond happy to have Laura for the semester. She is so fun and when we ride around town with her (in our family cars) guys check us out. (er...um...check her out) Details!

So now really meet Laura:
A&H: Where are you from?
L: Asheboro, N.C.
A&H: Tell us about school?
L: I am a studio art major (holla!) at UNCW and I'll be graduating in December. I played on the Varsity softball team for all 4 years at UNCW.
A&H: What inspires you?
L: nature, light/ reflection an glass,rich color.
A&H: What styles of art do you love?
L: I love cubist and impressionist art.
A&H: Who is your favorite artist?
L: I have loved Van Gogh since I was in the 3rd grade.
A&H: What is your biggest pet peeve?
L: Being ignored
A&H: hmmmm, long blond hair, athlete, young... you get ignored?
A&H: Favorite color?
L: Turquoise and magenta, Love em both! Can't pick just one.
A&H: What's been your favorite thing you've learned and or your ah ha moment so far?
L: My favorite thing was a client's reaction to a guest bedroom I helped Hooper install. My ah ha moment was shopping for that same client and finding the perfect chaise for the room. We had been stressed up until that point and then it all came together.
A&H: Do you have the coolest internship ever?
L: I do have the coolest internship and I wouldn't trade it for the world! I really like the fact that all the basic principles and elements of design that I have learned in class are appearing in every session of  my internship.
A&H: What would you say your design style is?
L: Romantic/ vintage would be the styles I gravitate towards.

Now you know Laura! Please leave a little welcome comment for her! We are so excited and can't wait for you to see some projects she has helped us with!!!

Bye, bye Birdie,
~A, H & L
You have read this article with the title The Big Announcement..... You can bookmark this page URL https://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-big-announcement.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Comments "The Big Announcement...."

Post a Comment