Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

What have I done...

There are pros and cons to living in the same town with my parents and Jeff's parents. (mostly pros) However, the cons are... I rarely have a big holiday meal at my own house. We house hop and I don't have to prepare a thing. (wait, that's a pro) But, I guess I have been feeling a little guilty that I want my kids to remember a Thanksgiving or two around their own table. I mean, I'm an adult now, shouldn't we start our own traditions? Soooo.... this year I announced Thanksgiving would be at our house. Then a week later I panicked... Yesterday I went to the grocery and bought a turkey- just a turkey. I left the store broken out in hives without potatoes, stuffing, green beans or really anything else to go along with it. Would I be the first person to serve turkey AND order pizza?
Anyhoo... In an effort to pull it together I decided to concentrate on the things I can do well- a centerpiece and place cards...
I could go Mom of the Year and make this fruit bird... did I mention when I announced Thanksgiving was at our house my kids all groaned? This might win them over...

I do love an eclectic, organic vibe...
This is how my table usually looks at Christmas. (I do host Christmas morning brunch every year) I could mix this up for Thanksgiving. There would be plenty of room for pizza boxes and paper plates  turkey and fine china.


and place cards...( I can so make those!) Lovin these...
yes... I can rattle can a leaf AND I have good handwriting...

Now we're talking... love the look!

So pretty and yummy!

OK.... I can do this. I'm going back to the store today. And even if the meal is bad, the table will be gorgeous (fingers crossed)! I promise I'll post pics! I have 6 days to figure this thing out...
If you see me wondering around the grocery, help a sister out- an encouraging word will do...-A

Happy Friday! 
Bye, bye birdie, 
You have read this articlecenterpieces / fruit turkey / holiday / place cards / Thanksgiving with the title What have I done.... You can bookmark this page URL https://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2013/11/what-have-i-done.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, November 22, 2013

Comments "What have I done..."

Post a Comment