Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

Kitchen Go Time!

 My kitchen needs a re-do... Let me give you some background info... We bought our house 5 years ago and were planning on living in it for 2. We are still here. When we bought it we would not tell our friends which house it was  for fear they would think we'd lost our minds. After a 6 week quick gut and repair we moved in and gave our friends our new address.(did I mention we were living with my parents until it was ready and I found out I was pregnant with baby #4?) I did a fast fix on the kitchen knowing we would be moving again soon. Again...We are still here. I have grown to love our house and am content on staying even longer however I am not sure I can stay much longer in my kitchen. So I am sharing my vision with you in hopes that someone out there in blog world will pester me to see the end result so I have to deliver. Hooper gets an idea and doesn't sleep until her plan is executed. Me... not so much. I am the A.D.D. project person. Or maybe I just get to many brilliant ideas all at once... 

It all started when I fell in looooove with this tile and then found it on overstocks. Woop! Woop!



 

While I was looking for it in pictures, I found this kitchen. Too funny because I have had a Benjamen Moore Whitall brown color swatch taped to my wall for 4 years. This is also the inspiration photo I sent Hooper that spurred her on to change her back splash to mirrors.... (in 1 day)


Ben. Moore whitall brown.... Looovin' you is easy cause your beautiful....dododododooo ahhhhhhhhhh...


Here is my kitchen floor. I painted 1 foot buffalo checks in several shades of cream and yellow. It's time to go... I was thinking 2 ft. buffalo checks in a few shades of taupe (on the brown side).  But then ....


The first time I saw this floor, my heart stopped. It was like the first time Hooper saw a metallic hide rug... Though I am not sure the lantern tile would go with this, I still love it in hopes it might show up somewhere in my house one day.


I sent this fabric to my sister-in-law as a suggestion for a place in her house. Ever since I did I can not get it out of my mind. It would be a sweet roman shade above my kitchen window.


Oh lighting...love this...so much to think about! Which color white do I paint the cabinets?....

 
Counter tops...hmmmm... Remember the bathroom vanity top that my brothers made out of barn wood for Hooper? I am thinking counter tops. Wouldn't that look killer? Anyway, I must get this done and fast. Please bug me to see the finished project. I won't let you down...

How bout you... Any projects you MUST tackle and soon? (I'll bug you if you bug me!)

Bye bye Birdie,
~A
credit to: Overstocks, Tonic living, Benjamin Moore, Shades of Light
You have read this article with the title Kitchen Go Time!. You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2011/02/kitchen-go-time.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Sunday, February 20, 2011

Comments "Kitchen Go Time!"

Post a Comment