Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

It's Black and White

If you've read my blog over the past year, you've probably seen this chair.
As per usual, I have waffled back and forth over which fabric I should use to recover it. I thought I had settled on one. I ordered the fabric, and it sat neatly folded in my bedroom for months. I just couldn't pull the trigger. Something was holding me back. Recently, I painted the chair's legs black and threw the fabric over it to get an idea of what it might look like.
Premier Fabric's Chipper in black and white.
I like it, I just don't love it. Something was bothering me. It was guilt. You see, I have feelings for another. I might actually like him more. Here he is. Don't judge. 
I know it may sound crazy, but I've been loving this Marimekko Joonas fabric for quite some time. It's been in my inspiration files on some very similar chairs, as a matter of fact.
Christina Murphy

Elle Decor
And then, more recently, I saw that the ever-stylish Christine at Bijou and Boheme recovered her bergere chairs in Joonas.
And just the other day, when I posted this photo of my foyer with the chair in the corner . . . 
I got a nice comment from Nelya at Head Over Heels informing me that she used Joonas on a sofa and loves it . . . 
That's her littlest boy a few years ago. Isn't he a cutie? Even kids look good on Joonas.
I must say I'm a little obsessed with Joonas now. Maybe it's my Finnish heritage (Marimekko is Finnish, and I'm a quarter Finnish -  my Finnish maiden name has double vowels and all!) or my more modern leanings these days, but I think the answer is clear. There are no shades of gray on this one. The answer is in black and white.

Are you as taken with Joonas as I am?
You have read this articlechair / Elle Decor / Joonas / Marimekko with the title It's Black and White. You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2011/03/it-black-and-white.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, March 25, 2011

Comments "It's Black and White"

Post a Comment