Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

Summertime... and the livin' is easy....

I love a porch... I mean, LOVE a porch! I guess it's deep in my southern roots.  I can remember eating tomato sandwiches on my grandparents front porch overlooking the river. (If you are on the water, the front of your house is what faces the water- This fact offered me much confusion as a child...doesn't take much...)

Anyhoo... You can imagine how excited I was when my friend Jane hired me to paint her porch. She already had vintage gliders covered in orange ticking and a great picnic table. She also had a vision for what she wanted... We decided on a dark grey and cream checker board on the diagonal with a blue stripe around the pattern. It's like a huge outdoor rug....only better (if I do say so myself!)



 I loved how it turned out... the pattern is fun and cheery though very much in keeping with the style of her AMAZING 100 year old home...


I grabbed Hooper and we styled her porch for my portfolio photo shoot. Our kids played in the yard while we worked, Jeff came over and grilled some steaks for us while and Read kept our wine glasses full... what an afternoon... (just kidding about the steak and wine part...really we just worked until it was time for carpool- a lot less exciting...)

playing up the oranges and greens and blues in little details make the outdoor space feel cohesive...just because it's outside doesn't mean you leave out accesories and details...

Speaking of details, the antique mirror Jane hung is a great addition and very unexpected but I really like how it reflects her beautiful yard.




I know Jane and her family use this porch all the time ...wouldn't you? And now that the average temp is in the 70's we are all coming out of hibernation.
Yes, porches in the South are a staple... lazy afternoons, al fresco dining, and no worries...
Wishing you a lazy worry free weekend...
Bye bye birdie,
~A&H



 
You have read this article with the title Summertime... and the livin' is easy..... You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2011/04/summertime-and-livin-is-easy.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, April 29, 2011

Comments "Summertime... and the livin' is easy...."

Post a Comment