Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

Things that make you go Hmmmmm...

Design Gods, Karma, Good Fortune... call it whatever you like, but sometimes, you just get lucky. This morning my painter called in sick. I was bummed because he was coming to paint my front door today (thanks for all of your feedback, BTW). We all know how impatient I am, so I ran right over to Benjamin Moore to get a quick tutorial on how to strip paint. Armed with a pint of "Smart Strip" and some tool with multiple blades, I decided to have a little DIY afternoon.
Who knew there were layers and layers of pretty paint over GORGEOUS wood. I'm still stripping (not what it sounds like) and I know it is a little rustic, but the turquoise and white coming through and so pretty. Too rustic for my craftsman style bungalow near the beach?? Many of you asked the color of my house (because I forgot to tell you). It's a pale shell pink. It almost looks white but with just a hint.
I have these crazy Adirondack chairs on the front porch that I bought at market several years back. They are Mackenzie-Childs for Riverwood Casual and they no longer make them (not good news when I broke one standing on it to hang Christmas lights).  Ok, back to the task at hand. Do I leave the door as is, sand it an coat it in Poly? 


Do I strip it completely and leave it natural wood? I could white wash it or give it a limed finish... Or do I paint it the Tiffany Blue you all told me to paint it in the first place? 
Thanks for your help!
Bye bye birdie,
~H


Credit to: Riverwood Casual
You have read this article with the title Things that make you go Hmmmmm.... You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2011/08/things-that-make-you-go-hmmmmm.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, August 5, 2011

Comments "Things that make you go Hmmmmm..."

Post a Comment