Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

My Powder Room Makeover

Okay, so it's me, Ann. This is not my powder room... It's Hooper's. I have hijacked the blog to show you what I deal with on a daily basis....

Last week, Hooper called me. Our conversation went a little something like this:
Hooper- Read broke the toilet seat, Now I have to get a new one today.
Me- that's a no fun purchase...
Hooper- Yeah, and the kids pulled the towel bar off the wall, so I need to replace that too... What do you think about me using that piece in my hallway as a vanity in there?
Me- (silent uh-oh) I think that would be pretty. Just curios, Is Read out of town?
Hooper- yeah, gets back tomorrow night....

BEFORE:
this is the before,after Hooper had already decided to redo her bathroom in a day...
(I got periodical phone calls through out the day reporting on the progress ...and reminding me of my shortcomings...) It's hard to be friends with an over achiever.

AFTER:
So Hooper popped the chest into the minivan and took it to the glass cutter that day, she scooted by Lowe's and grabbed the perfect color and a new light, sink, towel bar, etc...

Home Goods had the mirror and in about an hour, Hooper had everything she needed to complete the space. Hooper's plumber was available that afternoon! It was a  Christmas day miracle! Her painter wasn't available til the next day (what a slacker) soooo Hooper did it herself!
The piece from the hallway does look good as a vanity!

Practically anything can become a vanity thanks to vessel sinks and good plumbers (and miscellaneous furniture in your hallway)!

So much more room than a pedestal sink for accessories...

Go Lowe's, once again they rocked it in the lighting department...

Oh, did I forget the ceiling? If you have a little extra snake skin vinyl lying around (and who doesn't!?!?), wallpaper your ceiling...
And, no, I'm not exaggerating... this was done from conception to install in 24 hours... 24 HOURS PEOPLE!!!! And I'm no underachiever myself, it's just.... this is not normal. I'm off to go look at the mirror I want for my powder room down at The Eclectic (been eyeing it for a year).

May your Tuesday be over achiever productive and remember crack kills,
Bye, bye birdie,
~A












You have read this article with the title My Powder Room Makeover. You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-powder-room-makeover.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Comments "My Powder Room Makeover"

Post a Comment