Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

Good Things Come in Small Packages

We are patiently awaiting the arrival of the January issue of Southern Living. Forget the fact that when I show up at the post office to get my mail, the post lady just opens her window and shakes her head. Yesterday, I peaked in a subscriber's mailbox. Nada. Yes, I know about mail fraud. 
Anyway, since the article focuses on small space makeovers,  we wanted to share some of our favorites. Small spaces need impact. That's exactly what we were going for...
I still can't believe my client agreed to let us  Ann paint zebra stripes on her powder room walls. The crazy pattern works because the color is neutral. The pops of color in accessories add a lot of punch in a small space.
Small spaces should multi-task. This tiny room doubles as guest room for overflow visitors and a reading nook for my clients' three children. It's vibrant but serene because the base colors are soft and neutral. By building in a day bed and sconces, we made the most of an awkward room. See here.
Small spaces need storage. You pack it in where ever you can. Remember my master bath? See here. We gutted it and then went for impact and storage with a vintage Lane brutalist piece. This Craig's List find was retrofitted as the perfect vanity. Birch trees in the "loo" add even more interest. I swear Ann can turn any small space into something cool with her paint brush.
My dining room is T.I.N.Y. I went for big impact and what better way to make a small space feel bigger than to bring in light. Lighting is obvious, but adding reflective surfaces allows for light to bounce around the room and make it feel even larger. Check out the BEFORE. My mirrored top and metallic wallpaper create lots of drama. Drama...who me?
And my all time favorite small space makeover is...
Yes, my laundry room. You will just have to wait (evidently with the rest of the South)to see it. Who knows, maybe Southern Living will show up in your mailbox today...
At any rate, I'm off to check the mail.
Bye bye birdie...
You have read this articleday bed / driftwood sconces / hand-painted / lacquered mirror / shell chandelier / southern living / upholstered headboard / wallpaper / zebra with the title Good Things Come in Small Packages. You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2012/12/good-things-come-in-small-packages.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Comments "Good Things Come in Small Packages"

Post a Comment