Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

Behind the scenes- Magazine shoot

On the night before the shoot, we had an install til' 1. See here. No pressure, I always look better when I'm sleep deprived. Plus, it was only Matthew Gleason and Laurey Glenn, they are famous in the design world. No biggie. I've got this.
I spent days minutes picking out my outfit. I chose jeans (not yoga pants) and a one shoulder tunic with boots. Opened the door to my guests for the day, looking oh so casual and cool. (Had my hair blown out minutes before they arrived). 
Diva-ish, maybe, but you haven't seen my hair in the morning. 
Me: Welcome to my home, it's so nice to meet you!
Matthew: What happened to your sleeve?
Oh dear.
They got to work fluffing (pun intended). Matthew came equipped with all kinds of props. The basket is from Homegoods and it was mine. We used it in the shoot. The black boots are props. He is so good at what he does and makes any space look effortless. 
Evidently, I thought he was pretty great. Good thing Laurey caught this. So much for playing it cool.
Mid-way into the day, Matthew announced that they wanted some shots with me in it. They didn't tell me ahead of time, just in case I looked like Honey Boo Boo's mom. 
Matthew: TAKE ME TO YOUR CLOSET.
Me: Uh, um... ok. 
He went through my drawers like a tornado. Saying things like: "horizontal stripes, um no".
I was a wreck. Once I was decked out in a wife beater tank top and a target pajama top...
He taught me how to fold the towels. Seriously. That's some good staging. My "method" of folding wasn't quite up to par. You know, make it into a square and stuff into cabinet. 
Afterwards they let me have some input. It took what seemed like thousands of shots to get the picture they actually used. Laurey was amazing and so patient. 
She had no idea that she would be shooting the MOST un-photogenic person alive. I looked absurd. They told me to suck in my stomach. When I do that, I can't breathe so I looked either completely fake or constipated. Thankfully, the editor chose the one I liked.
I look so happy folding laundry. Again, great staging. Thanks Matthew!
Check out some shots taken that day before our new friends arrived...
So glad Matthew came to work his magic.
Here is a close-up of the barn wood top (thanks Soundside, the hex tile from Southeastern and my new sink and faucet from Coleman's Supply. Thank you to all who made this possible! 
  

credit to: Southern Living Magazine
You have read this articlebarn wood top / covington blue / gray owl / homegoods / laurey glenn / matthew gleason / painted floor / photo shoot / southern living / world market chandelier with the title Behind the scenes- Magazine shoot. You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2013/01/behind-scenes-magazine-shoot.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Comments "Behind the scenes- Magazine shoot"

Post a Comment