Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

Feeling a little BoHo...

To say my house is eclectic is an understatement.  You all know my passion for art. I can't seem to say no if a painting or piece of art is calling out to me. And believe me, they do, but that's another story for another day (and a professional with an hour or so to spare).
 
 Anyhoo, I just keep adding to my walls.
That's one way to achieve that eclectic/ bohemian vibe. I was recently talking to a friend that said she needed a little "boho"  in her space. She has a beautiful home with great rugs, colors, and furniture and it is truly lacking nothing as is, but I get it. We all like those few things that are unexpected, exotic or tell a story even if no one else gets it.  A bohemian vibe...
 
John Robshaw is a favorite designer of mine. He definitely does bohemian, exotic, eclectic well. (Helps that he travels the globe!) This is his apartment:
 
 Floor to ceiling art! Hello!!! Looks like he just adds a new nail and a piece of art also!  Hmmm... patchwork chair? Speaking my language!
Holy Blue Batman! I am liking... Are you?

I have my own eclectic thing going in my own house... (you say clutter, I say eclectic)

(sorry about the pic...IPhone, rain...)

BUT... I spy with my little eye... My new Kantha throw that I got at HomeGoods for $40. SCORE!

One of these bad boys tossed over the back of a sofa or chair is a great way to mix it up.
 Check out Etsy for one if HG is out!! There's lots of things out there to boho your space!
 
I love these Ikea pillows and for the price?!?! You can't afford NOT to own them!
 
Also remember One Kings Lane and Joss & Main for unique finds!
 Bone frames usually do the trick and the bench could go glam or Glob trotter! (Someone get this bench, it's on OKL today!)


Emily Henderson (Em) is another designer that does this look well...


The sofa??? The ikat on the chair?? ...sigh...

And some art you must own...I'm finally sharing...
(add another nail for this!)

I have about 3 of this guys pieces off of Ebay. I love the saturated color and abstract images. See him here. Check him out while he is still affordable!

How about you... Need a little boho in your life? Need to mix in a little eclectic? What's your favorite "out there" piece? Do tell...



Happy rainy Tuesday,
Bye, bye birdie,
You have read this articleart / bohemian / eclectic / Emily Henderson / ikat / Ikea pillows / John Robshaw / Joss and Main / kantha throw / OKL with the title Feeling a little BoHo.... You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2013/02/feeling-little-boho.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Comments "Feeling a little BoHo..."

Post a Comment