Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

Rough Week and a Winner


Do you ever have one of those days? How about one of those weeks? This week was one of THOSE. For one, I look a little like this, oh and I broke out in hives. On my face. Cute.
Amidst the kid stresses, work stresses and every day stresses, I had my dear friends and family to point out just how well I am handling it all. Which brings me to "code words". These are phrases said to us by our loved ones in a loving manner that really mean something else. 
Example:
One of my favorite teachers at the school put her arm around me and said:
"You have your hands full. You could use a spa day".
Translation: You look terrible and are doing an awful job of handling your life. You need help.

Husband code:
"We need a nanny".
Translation: You are incompetent. Don't get me wrong... I love a nanny just not the suggestion of one when I'm feeling like mother of the year.

Ann had a friend say to her just yesterday:
"You look great for having four kids!"
Translation: I can't even translate that.

Hutson:
"Mom, please only give me knuckles at school"
Translation: Hugging, kissing and calling me "baby" while at school is embarrassing. 
Note: He's 6. Not 16.

Please note that I am thankful my problems aren't actually that big and important in the scheme of things. I had a sick friend remind me today of what really matters and am thankful that my problems are simple. Too much laundry, a dog that poops only on my brown Oriental rug (I thought they were color blind), screaming kids, a busy job and a husband that "just wants to help". Just had to vent. 

There were a few highlights of the week...
 I have been helping a client on her dining room for the last several months. We had to do it in stages because the custom rug took awhile. Her one caveat was that we use her dining furniture that had been handed down in her husband's family. She wanted to update everything and brighten it up. 
Nothing like a Kate Spade wall color to do just that. Plus, this was painted before Pantone announced their color of the year, so that's good. I'm psychic. We did drapes in a cobalt Greek Key fabric which looks pretty with the green.
  I found this mirror at Big South Auction and love it. Her china is displayed throughout the room. The monkey was a HomeGoods find. 
 I went over this week to add fun accessories and love this organic silver bowl filled with succulents and an orchid. I like the mix of old and new throughout the room. Speaking of new... someone is getting the brand new book by Amanda Nisbet. Thank you to all of the participants! We always love getting your comments.
And the lucky winner is... 

Julia Ryan from Pawley's Island Posh! Check out her blog - we love it. 

Code: TGIF
Translation: Thank God it's Friday. 

Bye, bye birdie,
You have read this articlebamboo chandelier / blue and white china / green dining room with the title Rough Week and a Winner. You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2013/02/rough-week-and-winner.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, February 1, 2013

Comments "Rough Week and a Winner"

Post a Comment