Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

DIY....

I have a summer cold....boo! It's raining and the kids seem to be multiplying over here like gremlins.
My expectations of summer are always to high... I have 30 loads of laundry and Tupperware bins filled with winter clothes all over my dining room to prove it. It's a bummer because I am seriously committed to some DIY projects and I need your help. I have no idea what color to paint the toile chandelier I bought... and I can't show you the space to get your opinion. (laundry everywhere...)
 
Next week, okay? Anyway... I did get one small tiny DIY done... Voila!
After:
Before:
 
I made use of these old lanterns I had outside that used to have candles in them...
 
Yikes... They were not looking so hot... they also used to have glass but  4 kids and a couple skateboard incidents later the glass was just a memory.
 I cleaned them and then spray painted them with Krylon in blue ocean breeze. Spray paint has come a long way and if you know what you are doing you can get a great finish.
I then added some small pots with begonias to finish the look. Begonias are ok with shade which is why they will work in my new lantern planters!
 
I know, I know, pretty simple but the DIY summer is just beginning...
 
 And in other news... look what I just scored on CL for $20!
It is going to be my laundry room door! It has the original wavy glass. The glass is gorgeous but I need to let light in but not the laundry view so I was thinking about frosting it? Has anyone ever done that? Please give me your thoughts and or advice if you have! This is DIY for another day... baby steps...-A
 
Happy Tuesday!
bye, bye birdie,
 
You have read this article with the title DIY..... You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2013/06/diy.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Comments "DIY...."

Post a Comment