Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

Making Lemonade

You know the old saying, "What do you do when life gives you lemons?" Well, my lemonade came in the form of a new mirror and some rearranging and painting. Before I get to the photos of my reinvented dining room, I want to thank everyone for their kind words and condolences over the death (or possibly just injury) of my pagoda mirror. A few of you mentioned having it fixed/repaired. I did check into that. One restoration guy quoted me three to five times what I paid for the mirror. So, I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, but I have kept all the bits and pieces in a safe place when I decide to tackle that project. But, for the time being here is my alternative . . .
The mirror is one I've had my eye on for a long time at my friend Jennifer's shop, tag. It's actually a modern take on a pagoda form. Since it is a lot smaller in scale than my former mirror, I added some sconces on either side. 
I've had these sconces stashed in a closet for a while, and they were originally kind of a greige Restoration Hardware-looking finish (sorry, I was in too much of a hurry to take before photos). I decided to go with black and gold since the gold mirror has black flecks on it. I just spray painted them black then painted on details with gold leaf paint. All during the afternoon before the party Saturday night . . . nothing like the last minute.

Then, I just moved my white porcelain lamp with the black shade in from the other room to add more of the black and white combination. I also finally got around to hanging my creamy curtains from an estate sale.
Zoe had to get in the photo.

I tacked on some decorative trim which I will have properly sewn on soon, but this worked for the party . . . 
I also finally got around to getting a fiddle leaf fig tree . . .
Nothing like a party to get you motivated to spruce up your house. 
Well, that's it for now, but I will share photos of my new French doors/living room soon so stay tuned (if you follow me on Instagram you may have already seen them . . . I'm having a hard time getting a decent photo of them however). 


You have read this article with the title Making Lemonade. You can bookmark this page URL https://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2012/07/making-lemonade.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, July 30, 2012

Comments "Making Lemonade"

Post a Comment