Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

Ch-ch-ch-changes

In the general sprucing up of my house in preparation for my husband's birthday party, I managed to make a few little changes here and there. Here are some of the latest updates to our decor . . .
I finally got around to hanging some art in the "pink chair" corner, including my husband's Chinese Woman on Bike photo.
And do you remember the Moroccan-shaped table that I found in a junk shop for $10?

Well, after waffling over what color to go with, I finally chose black with gold accents (surprise, surprise). I just added the accents with a gold-leaf pen . . . super easy.
For the salon or gallery wall (I almost hesitate to use that term anymore because it seems so trendy), I used art I already owned (the women) mixed in with a framed lithograph from an art book I picked up at an estate sale along with some recycled art in bamboo frames. So, what is recycled art? It's my term for taking a rather lackluster piece of art with a decent frame from a thrift store and painting right over it. Observe. This . . . 
Native dancing ladies weren't really my style but I liked the faux bamboo frame despite it's anemic yellow color.
Turned into this . . . 
So, here's the before of that corner . . . 
And once again, the after . . . 
Much better, right? Not to mention what a difference the refinished floors make. Ahh. Oh, and I've got some other little odds and ends to share (including my newly upholstered x bench that didn't make it in these photos as I just got it back late last week), but I'll save that for another post as your interest may be waning about right now.
You have read this article with the title Ch-ch-ch-changes. You can bookmark this page URL https://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2012/08/ch-ch-ch-changes.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Comments "Ch-ch-ch-changes"

Post a Comment