Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

Open shut case?

It's the great shelf debate... I'm actually not supposed to write about my kitchen again until progress is actually made.... (I think cabinet color swatches count!) BUT.... I am in a pickle. I love open shelving especially in a small kitchen like mine. (Very small) However all my nearest and dearest tell me NO because of my bad shoving habit. My name is Ann and I shove EVERYTHING behind closed doors. "Hi Ann"... I'm not the neatest person alive ...fo sho...

In my head my shelves could be this pretty...
I can't imagine not having open shelves in this space...the lights, the ceiling, the bricks... I heart this space...
This is more my reality... simply taking the doors off the cabinets makes for great organized open shelving...

Barn wood, stainless, subway tile, and light gray cabinets... now we are talking... exactly like my kitchen only BIGGER and probably in a way cooler house... I wish I had that much natural light pouring in. I love everything about this space...
But here's the kicker... In real life (unless I had someone coming over for dinner) my shelves would probably look like this...

I do not think I am sleeping with the enemy enough to keep them any other way.

What do you think? Friends be nice...could I do it? Would you? Are open shelves trendy or here to stay...
hmmm...

Bye, bye Birdie,
~A

You have read this article with the title Open shut case?. You can bookmark this page URL https://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2012/08/open-shut-case.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, August 13, 2012

Comments "Open shut case?"

Post a Comment