Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

Bathroom Reno, sort of


BEFORE:
One year ago, a new client called me on a referral from a cabinet company. She wanted to update her master bath and so we started the process. We interviewed contractors, started getting quotes on demo, new cabinets, new tile, shower, tub, the works. One problem: The quotes were huge -- they were breaking the budget and were way more that the client wanted to spend. This can be a frustrating process. Ripping out the existing vanity and putting in a new configuration of cabinets, suddenly meant all new floor tile because the tile didn't continue under the cabinets. All new floor tile, lead to all new shower tile and before you know it, the budget is blown. 
My goal is to make my clients happy. My second goal (and it is often one in the same) is to stay within their budget. I felt absolutely horrible coming back with quotes that were sometimes double, even triple the cost they wanted to spend. What's a girl to do? Well, I'm a big believer in the saying: When there's a will, there's a way. I decided to call in my own subs for backup. It is a huge transformation. Have a look...

 The big expense were the carrera marble tops. We took out the cultured marble and added new tops,  backsplash and white under mount sinks. 

We added Moen faucets in polished nickel. 
Soundside Carpentry took the old cabinet doors off and made new fronts in a Shaker style. We wanted to keep it simple. We had them painted on site and put back on the original cabinet base. 

 We added a wood panel to the face of the tub (and my "we", I mean Soundside Carpentry). Removing the dated tile from such a focal spot in the room, really made a difference. We added a chandelier over the tub for a little bling. 
 Lots of pretty bath accessories add a finishing touch. 

It's hard to say which change made the biggest impact. Sometimes making a lot of small changes add up to make a huge impact. 
Most of the reno went down when my clients were away for Thanksgiving. On their cross-country trip, they thought of "Moi". I am so honored. She is a girl after my own heart and convinced her husband to take her to LeClaire, Iowa. What is in LeClaire? You ask...
When she told me she brought me a surprise from her trip to Iowa, I assumed it was corn (and yet I was still excited).
What I got was this!!!
My client went to Antique Archeology, the site of American Pickers! If you have not watched the show, you must. The store is where some of Mike Wolfe's best finds go to rest until someone snatches them up and makes an offer. I would have been in heaven. The model above is sporting a hoodie just like my new one. Her's is clean. Mine... not so much because it has become my new uniform. Thank you Carol, I love my gift and the outcome of your master bath. 
You have read this articlebathroom remodel / garden stool / gray cashmere / marble with the title Bathroom Reno, sort of. You can bookmark this page URL https://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2012/12/bathroom-reno-sort-of.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Comments "Bathroom Reno, sort of"

Post a Comment