Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh...

Ok... so it's December 23rd and I have a confession... I am not done Christmas shopping. Every year I swear I'll be done by October and every year I scramble at the end.  The good news is I do not have a ton to buy. Jeff and I started a tradition with our kids when it comes to gift giving when Jackson was a baby. We call it Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh. It's simple... Jesus only got 3 gifts so why would you get more then that when it's his birthday anyway? They get 1 unwrapped gift from Santa and 2 wrapped gifts from us. We also do an outdoor gift the whole family can enjoy. 

The hard part about this is they consider long and hard about what to ask for and since they are only getting 3 things Santa and I do not want to disappoint. This is why I should start in July! 

Addie- the forth child (bless her heart) has asked for a guitar, stuffed animal and her own carton of feta cheese. Yes, you read that right... poor 4th child always has to share her feta?  Jackson, the 13 year old has asked for a fly rod, (this seems easy but is not) fishing tackle and money.  

I however have asked for the children to not fight for one day... that would be a Christmas day miracle for sure! But in the true spirit of things if I were to want 3 things Shepherd style they might be....
gold
gōld/
noun
  1. 1.
    a yellow precious metal, the chemical element of atomic number 79, valued esp. for use in jewelry and decoration, and to guarantee the value of currencies.

    I know this Scalamandre wallpaper is an oldy but goody and you usually see it in red but I am loving wallpaper right now and really loving this bright yellow/ gold version! 
    yes please... Unfortunately my house does not lend it self to this way cool Jonathan Adler chandelier but if I could, I would. 

    Organic studs... leather and gold together...swoon... I really wish Jeff read the blog!




frank·in·cense
ˈfraNGkənˌsens/
noun
noun: frankincense
  1. 1.
    an aromatic gum resin obtained from an African tree and burned as incense.


    &
    myrrh1
    mər/
    noun
    1. 1.
      a fragrant gum resin obtained from certain trees and used, esp. in the Near East, in perfumery, medicines, and incense.


    I'm sure these 2 things are not the same... I think one has medicinal value and the other is more of a fragrance. And since I am allergic to most perfumes and incense gives me high school flashbacks, I'll stick with candles please... (I love candles!)

    These Anthropologie candles are so pretty and smell light and clean... love them! When they are burnt out just stick em in the freezer, pop out the left over wax and pop them on a shelf! They make a pretty little set about! 
    Don't forget our own signature candle... PLUME! These are Sawgrass candles made locally! We love local and they are available at the Coop. Jeff or er um Santa should be able to score one of these for me fo sho!

    Enough about me... I have 4 kids to finish shopping for today! If you see me out and about forgive the hair, no makeup and crazed look... Mama's on a mission! 

    How about you? Are you done yet???
    Merry, merry...-A


    bye, bye Birdie,
You have read this article with the title Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh.... You can bookmark this page URL https://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2013/12/gold-frankincense-and-myrrh.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, December 23, 2013

Comments "Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh..."

Post a Comment