Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

Ramblings...

We hope everyone had the best holiday ever... Can you believe it's all over?!?! I have to admit I got a little frazzled there at the end.  My girls were in the Christmas production at church, I was on set design, a quick trip to Chicago and managing clients and The Coop in between left me slightly dazed... whew! I have to admit I have enjoyed a few days off! Jeff and I decided to take a quick vacay to WB! We spent Friday and Saturday night at Shell Island. Can you say indoor pool? What is it with kids and indoor pools...What I see as a giant peatrie dish they see as heaven... It's all about perception. 

We had a blast and even did some outdoor swimming... yes, in 50 degree weather we did our own family 'polar plunge'.
 So... I did it too (brrr...) as well as Jackson and eventually Addie. However, there will be no documentation of me in a bathing suit... EVER... you will just have to take my word for it! We would jump in and scurry out as FAST AS WE COULD to the hot tub! I hear there are spas where you pay to do this... (suckers)
The whole family much preferred the indoor pool. Don't they look happy and warm?  We got home last night and after Christmas set in...
 
You know what I'm talking about. The Christmas tree was droopy (coming down today) and with the new year right around the corner my brain is already thinking how I can freshen up my house.  In an effort not to paint my walls every year the color will stay. Hmmm.... new pillows? Maybe, but I am thinking more along the lines of a serious purge.  Purge AND reorganize! 

I am kind of loving this storage console on Overstock... kind of fun...
It is less then $350 and with $2.95 shipping -who could resist! Wouldn't this be great for all the stuff that comes home from school?? Or shoes! There are some things you just can't purge and have to store...
Oh what I wouldn't give for a mudroom like this one! Love the sink...love the walls... love the floor! Of course I'd ditch the scissors and fabric BUT let's concentrate on what's important: 4 book packs, shoes and cleats would definitely fit here! Swoon... 

Jewelry and shoes used to do it for me but now I'm dreaming of storage and utility sinks. I'll keep ya posted as I purge and try to create storage. This might be hard since apparently no one needed to store anything in 1976! (the year our house was built) 

Now I have something to focus on in 2014! Like I needed a project...

BUT, let me be clear, getting organized is not a resolution! I do not make those!...-A 

We'll see ya in 2014! 

Bye, bye birdie,
You have read this article with the title Ramblings.... You can bookmark this page URL https://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2013/12/ramblings.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, December 30, 2013

Comments "Ramblings..."

Post a Comment