Modern house, office and business furniture, furniture ethiopia and Interior ethiopia.

We are Homeowners!

Today is milestone for our family. I don't often divulge too many personal things on the blog but this is a big deal for us and I am so deeply thankful that I wanted to share. 
Six years ago, my husband closed his building business to a failing economy. We had to sell our house and felt displaced for quite some time. 
One day, I was searching the internet for rentals and I found the perfect spot. It had been on the market for 2 years and the second I saw it, I knew. I told Read: "I found our home". He said, like every rational husband would: 
"That's great, but it's not for rent." Like that's a big deal. I called the realtor immediately (Read thought I  was jumping ahead...). She showed it to us and the moment I walked in, I just knew. It needed some work and it was a little dated, but I could see past that. It was love at first sight. The realtor asked us if we wanted to see the upstairs. I said: "No need, it's perfect." 
(Read, at this point is thinking I am wayyy off my rocker). 

Some how, our gracious (soon to be Landlord) agreed to let us rent with an option to buy it. She has been amazing. She let me paint, gut the bathroom (when it sprang a leak), put in new light fixtures... little by little, we made this house our home. Even though we were "just renters", it has never felt like that to me. It has been four wonderful years of growth, faith and hoping that one day, we would buy the house we have loved for the last four years. 
Remember the bathroom leak?



You can read more about the leak and see the before pictures here.
Remember my kitchen that felt like I worked at Checkers?
 See it here.
And of course, the laundry room floor, which I am sparing you because I am sure you are over it. It has all been a labor of love.

I love everything about this house. The quirks, the rotted wood siding we are about to have to replace. I love that we have lived in a pink house. We are going to have to paint the exterior once the wood is repaired. Help! What to do? Should I keep it pink?
 This morning, we became homeowners again! We are so thankful for God's provision (always)  but over the last six years, we have been so aware of His plan for us, our career paths and where we would eventually land. To each and every client, you have played a part in that which is why I wanted to share our story with you. 

I hope your day is filled with joy.

Bye bye birdie,
Hooper



You have read this article with the title We are Homeowners! . You can bookmark this page URL http://ethiopiaawatch.blogspot.com/2013/02/we-are-homeowners.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Comments "We are Homeowners! "

Post a Comment